Notes and data from Day 4 of my Platform Experiment.
Sort of bad news, late in the evening I got notified that my FB account was restricted. All around profile/account, not just FBMP, but I’m unable to comment, post or list new items for 2 days. No clue what or why, all they show is date and community standards violation but nothing actually shows up to what it was that I did. So, this throws things off a tiny bit as I clearly can’t list for two days. But did have some friends check, and my listings are still there and they’re able to message/inquire through them, and have since had others find me and ask questions. Not sure if I can still make sales but it seems like I can.
No experiments go according to ‘plan’, but this is a good example of another reason why I had thought about getting back into cross posting more. I had a lot of eggs on eBay, kind of nature of game. Still a lot on Posh. Mostly dropped off Depop, only leaving handful of things still up. Mercari, I’d stopped using months ago as I was just spread too thin. I had mostly used FBMP solely for local items.
Interesting too, no Mercari sales yet. At least not of the experiment pieces. I have made some sales there and the other sites too, from regular inventory.
- (29) women’s ‘intimates’ (lingerie/nightgown/chemise pieces). Couple had been listed, or I thought listed, at points, but between their crappy pictures, horrendous descriptions, and the rest of new similar inventory that was going up with them, I deemed them within guidelines of experiment.
- One mens shirt on eBay; countered, he countered back, I countered, now crickets. I actually checked comps because I had some inkling, and I certainly could have priced it a tad higher. I spot checked the shirts, along with my general knowledge, but was off on this one.
- One of the newly listed women’s ‘intimates’ pieces on eBay; she offered, I countered, she accepted.
- (1) intimates on eBay from the counter above.
- (1) Shirt on FBMP, full price.
- (1) Wallet on FBMP, full price.
- (1) 11th hour full price sale on Posh of another intimates.
Let’s get a sneak preview of some graphical representation.